Sign In Forgot Password

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September 10th, 1933:  
Official opening of Hebrew Men of England. Note the signs “God Save King,” “Official Opening the Men of England Congergation (sic), “Every Body (sic) Welcome.” They joined our shule in later years.

 

 

 

 

 

1944:
picture of the Hebrew school of Bais Yehuda Synagogue. Notice the spelling of Yahuda. They later joined Beth Emeth.

 

 

 

 

November 1953:
from the Canadian Jewish News, Oct. 20, 2016. A picture of a Torah dedication at Bais Yehuda, who amalgamated with our shule 10 years later
 

 

 

 

 

 

1957:
Bais Yehuda Passover Bulletin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1958:
notice announcing the executive officers and inviting congregants to attend the general meeting of November 23, 1958 in which a motion was presented to change the services of the shule from Orthodox to Conservative.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

May 1958:
Your News Bulletin from Beth Emeth Synagogue. Our address was 19 Hove Street at that time.

 

 

 

April 5, 1959:
Banquet program and Bencher printed for the Ground-breaking ceremony of the shule

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September 1959:
one of the first Shule Bulletins. The banquet halls were already being advertised for use.

 

 

 

1959:
Beth Emeth Nursery School picture shows Lorene Richmond and Brenda Pacht-Staroselsky as they looked in their early school years and, at the top right, in 2016.

Thu, 8 December 2022 14 Kislev 5783